Thursday 18 August 2016

BBC manipulates the words of a chinese olympic swimmer

I just saw that when I was looking about Carl Jung. The article is in spanish but the important thing is that the headline says: "'It was because I got the period' the confession of the swimmer breaks the taboo of the menstruation in China"

First I readed bad the article and I thought the taboo was supposed to be in Occident, but then I saw that not. In despite of my mistake then I realized that the periodists manipulated the words of the girl putting out of context her words.

Made by Vieko, drawings by hand, text and a little edition on digital way. The textures from the boxes are property of shawnharper.
Cause the press has fallen down in these last years. In the past the press documented and verified the things more, or even they didn't use that kind of tricks to get attention from the public.

I'm saying that periodism has changed hs will to say the truth for his need to have public.

Nowadays the press isn't more than a bunch of busybodys that want to get your attention at every price.

Out there there's an all-out war to get the attention of the public, and it's better an impactant lie than a simple truth. Like Aleix Saló said on Simiocracia (Apecracy): "That incessant and descontrolated bombing of news does that the the really relevant things that aren't attractive lies buried down hundreds of chronicles as impactant as prescindible."

A page of the book Simiocracy (Apecracy) by Aleix Saló (I recommend it, very funny, even if you don't wanna know about the Spanish financial situation)
And that makes the news are now entertainment, not information. Even the BBC! When I was a child, the BBC was like: "Man that's serious".

That's all folks. Hope you enjoyed it, it took me like 2 hours to do the mini-comic above.

-Viekovitch

P.D.: BBC, thanks for the headline.

No comments:

Post a Comment